Clean Three Ways
Floveyors accumulate minimal residue. This makes for straightforward cleaning using the options best suited to specific materials and applications.
We recommend installing simple dry cleaning accessories to significantly reduce any residue remaining after transfer.
- Strategically placed air nozzles within the housings and tubes to purge any settled product back into the stream
- Scraper and brush discs added to the rope assemblies
- Easily removed access covers to inspect the system
This simple efficient form of cleaning is an excellent alternative to wet washing.
We recommend planning your production run to end with a small batch of neutral product to purge any residue film from earlier materials. For example conveying a batch of flour last will purge the residue from food products with a variety of additives. Alternatively inert materials such as granular salt or broken rice will also flush out residue film and are very effective for cleaning purposes.
Floveyors handling materials such as: allergens, various spices, bacterially susceptible powders and hygroscopic materials may require wet wash-down. This is an effortless process due to the Floveyor’s ability to convey liquids at a high speed. Here is the simple 5 step process:
- Blank off the discharge chute with a Washing Plate Cover
- Rinse the system with warm water and drain via the drainage plugs
- Add a washing solution and recirculate within the Floveyor to flush the internals
- Drain the liquid via the drain plugs
- Rinse and allow to dry or accelerate the process by blowing compressed dry air into the system or running the Floveyor empty