When your whole focus is better powder handling, it’s natural to always be looking ahead. If you stop at the Floveyor HQ, you’ll find our work is usually aimed at the future and how we can evolve our machinery and process line technology. This is driven by industry changes, new demands from our customers, and our own curiosity. It’s how we’ve operated for 65 years.
Floveyor nominated for Telstra business awards
Late last year we were honoured to be nominated for the 2023 Telstra Best of Business Awards. More than 20,000 small to medium-sized businesses participated from all over Australia and in every industry imaginable. This unexpected opportunity gave us a chance to take stock on all we’ve accomplished and measure ourselves in ways we hadn’t considered before. Floveyor’s conveyors for powders and granules are at the heart of our company, but it’s our start-up culture, commitment to engineering, and quest for better powder handling that drive our business.
Judging criteria for Telstra Best of Business Awards
The judging for the awards is rigorous and every business is judged against several criteria, including:
- Economic stability
- Operational effectiveness and technology adoption
- Progressive leadership and culture
- Social and community contribution
- Positive and sustainable impact
- Thought leadership and innovation.
The judging process consisted of four stages, with each stage eliminating more businesses. While we didn’t have to jump through literal hoops, Telstra required video submissions, written submissions, supporting documentation and evidence, and in-person interviews. It was a massive effort requiring participation from sales, marketing, finance, and the executive team.
Floveyor named state finalists in three business categories
Floveyor was named state finalists in all three categories we entered. Considering the calibre of the other finalists from Western Australia, we’re both energised and humbled to be in the same ranks. This is a snapshot of the categories and how we fit into them.
- Embracing Innovation – innovating with technology to develop solutions for challenges faced by modern Australia. Floveyor has perfected novel technology that is unsurpassed in powder handling. We work in a highly specialised niche essential to industrial applications all over the world. We invented and patented aero-mechanical conveying (AMC) and continue to evolve it, most recently with our FloDisc® Technology.
- Outstanding Growth – achieving significant growth and contributing to building a more resilient Australian economy. Even though we’re embarking on our sixty-fifth year in business, Floveyor has completely rejuvenated under Rhys’s leadership. We moved from a single focus on bulk materials powder handling to becoming global powder handling specialists. Our aero-mechanical conveyor is now one part of a broader offering to provide large-scale conveying and process line technology for powders and granules to a wide variety of industries including:
- Food and Beverage
- Mining and Resources
- Chemical Processing
- Pet Food and Animal Nutrition
- Promoting Sustainability – reducing environmental impact by driving sustainable change for a cleaner and healthier planet. We are constantly driving incremental improvements in our factory operations, to reduce waste and minimise our impact on the natural world. However, whatever we do inside our company pales to what our products offer our customers. We make substantial impact on industrial operations in:
- Energy usage
- Carbon emissions
- Product wastage
- Product contamination
- Water usage.
Western Australia state finals are taking place in Perth on 14 February 2023. From there, each category winner goes on to compete at the national level.
Recognising business excellence for nearly 30 years
We are grateful for the chance to reflect on where we’ve been and where we’re headed. Telstra has been putting the best Australian small and medium-sized businesses in the spotlight for more than 28 years. We’ve been inspired by each of the category finalists and have learned a lot about who’s doing amazing things in Western Australia. We’re even more motivated to support Australian manufacturing and advance better powder handling technology and practices.
One last thing – we don’t know who nominated us for the 2023 Telstra Best of Business Awards. If it was you, please get in touch so we can thank you!